HANSTONE® QUARTZ WARRANTY
Hanwha L&C Europe GmbH expressly warrants that it will repair or replace this product, free of charge, if it fails due to any manufacturing defect during the first 10 years after initial installation. If it is determined by Hanwha L&C Europe GmbH or its authorized warranty service agent that a defect in the material is identified within the ten year period, Hanwha L&C Europe GmbH will, at its sole option, repair or replace the defective Hanstone® in accordance with the following warranty provisions and exclusions.
Transferable 10-Year Limited Warranty
Hanwha L&C Corporation (hereunder “Hanwha”) warrants to the purchaser that its product Hanstone® Quartz, when fabricated and installed by Certified Hanstone® Quartz Fabricator/Installer, shall be free from defect.
Under this warranty, Hanwha’s authorized agents must be permitted sufficient time and opportunity to inspect the product(s), evaluate and respond to any claim(s). All decisions regarding the existence of manufacturing defects or affecting this warranty shall be made by Hanwha and shall be final and binding upon all parties.
The professional fabricator/installer is responsible to inspect the HanStone Quartz material before fabricating and/or installing the HanStone Quartz product. It is also the end user’s responsibility to inspect the finished product before permanent installation. This warranty does not cover any defects that were visible at the time of fabrication/installation and were not avoided during fabrication/installation. All parties must agree to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this warranty.
Hanwha will try to obtain the best result, whether we decide to repair or replace your installation. However, exact color match is never guaranteed. This warranty covers replacement of the defective product with another of similar characteristics such as color and thickness etc. If the products have been discontinued, it shall be substituted by the most similar color available at that time. This warranty covers only the replacement of the failed HanStone Quartz products in slab form
This 10-Year Limited Warranty applies to product(s) installed after March 01, 2012.
Exclusions for HanStone Quartz Residential 10-Year Limited Warranty:
- Failure to comply with Hanwha’s recommended storage, handling, usage, supports, cutouts, and Care & Maintenance guidelines
- Exterior application
- Fabrication or installation error
- Product usage for vanities, flooring, paving application
- Damage caused by improper use or abuse includes, but not limited to, damage from accidents, abuse of impact, chemical damage, acts of nature, job-site conditions, architectural and engineering design or structural movement
- Installed HanStone Quartz product that is removed from the original place of installation
- Seam appearance, seam performance, adhesives, caulk and/or other accessory items
- Thermoforming: Product failure due to bending or curving is not covered under warranty
- Color Variance: HanStone Quartz is composed of natural quartz, as a result, variance in color, size, shape and particulate distribution is an inherent trait expected of this product.
- Chips and Cracks: Chips may be caused by impact. Cracks may be caused by “dry” cutting, polishing, unevenness or improper edge details. Minimum requirements for fabrication and installation must be followed.
- Scratch: HanStone Quartz is scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Cutting boards are highly recommended.
- Blemishes: A certain level of blemishes is an inherent trait expected of this product.
- Minor conditions such as stains or water spots. HanStone Quartz is stain resistant, but not stain proof. To clean tough stains, please visit our care and maintenance section of our website. This warranty does not cover product with honed finishes
- Supplemental repair including, but not limited to, electrical, tile or wall surfaces, backsplashes, cabinetry, freight, and plumbing modifications necessary to repair HanStone Quartz.
- Product usage for commercial application(s) including, but not limited to, installation in store, office or other places of business.
- Appearance of edge including mitered edges where the joint is not cut correctly, re-fabrication, or polishing of surface slabs.
- Exposure to extreme heat. Trivets must be used for any hot pots, pans, crock pots, and for any heat generated items. Heat resistant pads are highly recommended.
- Product that has been milled or reduced in thickness. And this warranty shall no longer be valid in the event of repairs and /or manipulations of the products without due verification by Hanwha.
- Damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions including UV, physical or chemical abuse.